The interior of Building G, the imposing, monumental building on Nieuwe Prinsengracht, has been completely renovated. Since February 2016 this building on the Roeterseiland Campus will be home to the psychologists from the Faculty of Social and Behavioural Sciences (FMG) as well as the Educational Logistics Office (BOL). The building is characterised by its classic brick architecture in the style of the Amsterdam School. Built in 1934, it was designed by the architect Hulshoff.
Hulshoff created the building for the Organic Chemistry department of the former Geological Institute of the Municipal University. The various carvings on the building's façade are the work of sculptor Hildo Krop. They refer to the building's first users and show men with test tubes, binoculars and picks, drilling rigs, volcanoes and prehistoric plants and animals.
The building has been repainted and new ceilings and flooring have been fitted. The climate control system has been adapted to provide a more pleasant working climate and measures have been taken to improve fire safety. Finally, a new main entrance has been created in the courtyard between Buildings E, G and L.