For best experience please turn on javascript and use a modern browser!

Real Estate Development is responsible for the building and further development of campuses, including the University Quarter, and for actively implementing the UvA's campus vision. Real Estate Development also manages this website and the University Quarter app.

General contact details

Real Estate Development
Binnengasthuisstraat 9 | 1012 ZA Amsterdam
Postbus 19268 | 1000 GG Amsterdam
T: +31 (0)20 525 2443 (secretariat, available Tues/Thurs/Fri, during office hours)

Area manager(s)

If you have specific queries, complaints, comments or suggestions about the University Quarter or the UvA's construction projects in this area, please contact Area Manager Thomas Vernooy as follows:
T: + 31 (0) 6 2115 5032 (area manager) 
Available: Mon to Fri, during office hours

If you have specific questions for the contractor working on the University Library, you can contact Area Manager Ingeborg Kappert during office hours (7 am to 4 pm) as follows:
T: + 31 (0) 6 1028 5950


Police, urgent
T: 112 (emergency number)
The police will be on the scene within 10 minutes in the event of a fire or a serious disruptive or life-threatening incident in or around the buildings or in the public space, for example.

Police, non-urgent
T: 0900 - 8844
For less serious incidents. E.g. a burglar alarm, a disturbance or a crash that causes disruption to traffic. Where an incident of this kind is reported, the police will endeavour to be on the scene within twenty minutes.

UvA Central Control Room 
T: +31 (0)20 525 2222 (emergency number) 
Available: 24/7. 
Please note: this number must only be used for serious incidents and issues which require an acute response on the part of UvA. If your query/comment can wait until the next working day, please contact the Area Manager and keep the line free for the reporting of serious incidents. 

Examples of serious incidents which you should report to the control room are: a (serious) health and safety incident, a major leak that could cause a short-circuit, a power cut, a break-in, the smell of gas or the release of smoke in or around UvA buildings. People living in the University Quarter should contact their own supplier/provider in the first instance for queries regarding utilities, telecommunications or Internet.

Porters lodges

If you have a question for or want to report an incident to a porter of a UvA building in the University Quarter, you can view the list of contact details by building here.